Relieve Jaw Pain with TMJ Treatment in Wellesley, MA
If you suffer from unexplained jaw pain and experience clicking in your jaw, you could have a TMJ disorder (TMD). Wellesley, MA dentist Dr. Jeffrey Tocci at Tocci Dental Associates can use holistic TMJ treatment to provide relief for your pain and healing for your jaw.Dr. Jeff Tocci on treating TMJ Read Transcript
We treat a lot of bruxism patients, TMJ patients, myofascial pain patients, sleep obstructive patients. With TMJ and bruxism, there are a lot of patients that just require simple appliance therapy, then there are some patients that require neuromuscular treatments as well as full TMJ treatments. I have a background in TMJ where I did a residency, ended up teaching it as well, and can provide my patients some of the better techniques and more up to date techniques in regard to TMJ in our office.
Compared to other possible TMJ treatment options, our holistic approach is:
Dr. Tocci has been solving TMJ problems for our patients for years. He completed a TMJ residency at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine almost three decades ago and keeps up to date with modern treatments. The first step toward a pain-free smile is a consultation with him. Call us today at 781-304-8172 to schedule one.
Relieve TMJ Pain with Drug-Free, Surgery-Free Solutions
At Tocci Dental Associates, we use an all-natural approach to treating temporomandibular joint disorders. Our drug-free, surgery-free solutions treat the entire person, not just the TMJ symptoms. The cornerstone of our approach is the comprehensive TruDenta system, which gradually and gently adjusts the way your teeth come together.
Your TruDenta therapy will include:
- Tests to determine your bite force, range of motion, and other issues
- 3D bite analysis to determine bite imbalances
- Oral appliances to move your jaw into a better position and to end a teeth grinding habit, if you have one
- Neuromuscular therapy to relax TMJ muscles
- Nutritional counseling to help you choose foods that don’t aggravate your jaw
Other treatments may include:
- Microcurrent therapy to aid in jaw movement and reduce inflammation
- Ultrasound therapy to improve blood flow to temporomandibular joint muscles and help tissues heal
- Cold laser therapy to reduce inflammation and help muscles and joints heal
- Trigger point therapy to improve jaw function
Don’t Ignore Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
Modern dentistry does not know what causes TMJ disorders, but risk factors include bite imbalances, grinding your teeth, arthritis, and stress. Contact us for a consultation if you’re experiencing these symptoms:
- Pain in the Jaw Joint Area
- Swelling in the Joint Area
- Clicking from the Joint
Get back to living a pain-free life! Call us about TMJ treatment today at 781-304-8172. Our Wellesley, MA dentist office is near the Charles River.