Dr. Jeff Tocci on treating TMJ Do you suffer from unexplained jaw pain? Experience clicking or soreness in your jaw? This could be a sign that you have a TMJ disorder. The good news is that top Wellesley, MA dentist at Tocci Dental Associates can help.
Trusted Wellesley, MA dentist Dr. Tocci has been solving temporomandibular joint dilemmas for our patients for years. Through our holistic, drug-free, surgery-free approach to TMJ treatment, you can find relief from your jaw pain and healing for your TMJ. Call us today at 781-304-8172 to schedule an evaluation and get started toward a pain-free smile.
What Is TMJ?
TMJ disorders are marked by problems in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Modern dentistry does not know what causes temporomandibular joint disorder, but we do know some risk factors:
- Bite Imbalances
- Injury to Your Jaw
- Grinding Your Teeth
Some symptoms you may experience are:
- Pain in the Joint Area
- Swelling in the Joint Area
- Clicking from the Joint
A Natural Source for TMJ Relief
Tocci Dental Associates offers an all-natural approach to treating temporomandibular joint disorder. We offer drug-free, surgery-free solutions to your temporomandibular joint issues and treat the entire person, not just the symptoms. Our solutions include:
- TruDenta to determine your bite force, range of motion, and head and jaw muscles
- 3-D T-Scan bite analysis to determine bite imbalances
- Oral appliances to move your jaw into a better position
- Neuromuscular therapy to relax temporomandibular joint muscles
- Nutritional counseling to help you choose foods that don’t aggravate your jaw
Our TruDenta system may also include these treatments:
- Microcurrent therapy to aid in jaw movement and reduce inflammation
- Ultrasound therapy to improve blood flow to temporomandibular joint muscles and help tissues heal
- Cold laser therapy to reduce inflammation and help muscles and joints heal
- Trigger point therapy to aid in jaw function
Relieve TMJ Pain with Our Help
Call our trusted Wellesley, MA dentist at 781-304-8172 to set up a visit and find out how we can help you get back to living a pain-free life. You can use our online form to schedule an appointment as well.