Fix Cavities with Tooth Fillings in Wellesley, MA
No one wants a cavity, but metal fillings tarnish over time, creating dark spots in your smile. At Tocci Dental Associates, we use tooth fillings made of composite resin to repair damage from decay and get your tooth back to a healthy condition.Dr. Jeff Tocci Talks About the Tooth Fillings at Tocci Dental Associates Read Transcript
Tooth restorations are numerous. We have a number of materials that we provide in our office. The biggest, I guess, ask we have nowadays are people who want their silver fillings removed and changed. As the materials break down, and it warrants proper recommendation, we'll exchange the silver material for a new, whiter, more natural tooth color materials for them. We have a variety of materials we can offer to restore teeth, and tooth color material is by far the most popular today.
Compared to metal fillings (amalgam), our composite fillings will:
- Blend Easily into Your Smile – Tooth-colored composite won’t stand out in your smile. Dr. Tocci will match composite fillings to your natural tooth color so they won’t show.
- Be Easier on Your Teeth – Metal-free fillings require less drilling or modification of healthy teeth. Because of this, they’re less likely to cause cracks over time.
- Strengthen Your Smile – Because we bond them to your teeth, tooth-colored fillings protect your teeth against further damage.
- Pose Fewer Health Concerns – There has been no definitive conclusion about the possible health risks created by the mercury used in metal fillings. Still, many patients choose to play it safe with metal-free fillings.
You’re in good hands for fillings and other restorative dentistry care with Wellesley, MA dentist Dr. Jeffrey Tocci. He served as an associate clinical professor at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine from 1991 to 2001, and he regularly participates in advanced training to keep his dental skills up-to-date.
If you think you need a filling, call 781-304-8172. We use laser cavity detectors to find cavities in their earliest stages, when they are easy to repair.
Get Your Composite Filling in Total Comfort
As with any procedure in our office, we’ll make you comfortable while you get your metal-free filling. We’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia. However, if you’re still concerned about discomfort, you can choose safe dental sedation to ease your worries. Our massage chairs will relax you too.
You can relax even more with these amenities:
- Neck pillows
- Eye wraps
- Warm blankets
- iPods with headphones
- Special glasses for viewing movies
Keep Cavities from Occurring in the First Place
Professional dental cleanings will help prevent cavities from ever occurring. You can help too by:
- Brushing teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing between teeth at least once a day or using an interdental cleaner
- Limiting sugary drinks and snacks
- Asking us about preventive treatments like fluoride applications or dental sealants
To find out more about tooth fillings, call 781-304-8172.