For your convenience, Dr. Jeffrey W. Tocci and our compassionate team of dental professionals treat patients of all ages with a wide variety of dental services under one roof at our Wellesley, MA dentist office. With our help, you’ll be able to:
- Save time and money by getting all your dental needs taken care of in one location
- Build a rapport with us over the years instead of switching dentists as you and your children age
- Keep track of your records more easily because you’ll only have them from one office
- Make a call to one office instead of several to schedule your routine checkups
By visiting us regularly for your family’s general dentistry needs, you can ensure good oral health. We can also provide advice on what you can do on your own to improve the health and looks of your family’s smiles.
Understand Why Certain Foods Are Bad For Smiles
Maintaining the pearly whites of all of your loved ones can be a daunting task. So you don’t have to start at square one on your own, we can provide professional advice on dietary choices that can help keep smiles gorgeous and strong.
You’re probably aware that you should avoid sugary foods because they can lead to cavities and the need for tooth fillings. But that is far from the only concern when it comes to the connection between oral health and diet.
Here’s a brief and in no way complete list of foods and beverages you should avoid or at least consume in moderation if you want to keep smiles healthy:
- Highly acidic foods and drinks, like tomatoes, citrus fruits, pickles, and coffee
- Hard candies and suckers that contain a lot of sugar and can chip teeth
- Coffee, tea, wine, certain fruits and vegetables such as beets, and other highly pigmented items that can stain teeth
- Chips, hard pretzels, and other crunchy snacks that can damage teeth and often contain a lot of starch
- Chewy, sticky foods, whether they’re sugary like caramel or just difficult to chew like beef jerky
- Soda, sports drinks, and energy drinks that are frequently high in sugar and can dry out your mouth
- Alcoholic beverages, which can lead to dry mouth and often come in sugary and/or acidic cocktails
Now you may be at a loss here because there are some highly nutritious items like fruits and vegetables on this list. Of course you should also eat with your overall health in mind. You can take care of your overall health and your smile by eating a well-balanced diet and rinsing your mouth after meals and following the consumption of the items listed above in particular. Or, even better, brush and floss immediately after eating them!
Take Advantage Of Our Quality Family Dentistry
Whether it’s time for your child’s first dental visit or a family member needs a full-mouth reconstruction, we have treatment options for you.
One of the best things you and your loved ones can do to maintain your chompers is visit us every six months for a dental cleaning and exam. We’ll give your mouth a thorough cleaning that only a professional can provide. We’ll also catch signs of decay while they are still small and easily manageable, helping you avoid the need for significant dental treatments in the future.
Another way we help you prevent dental problems from occurring in the first place is by creating custom athletic mouthguards for those that like to stay active. Compared to store-bought options, our mouthguards are more comfortable and perform better. You may just avoid a dental emergency with our help!
We can also help your little ones break the habit of thumb sucking and offer advice on dealing with teething as well. This will help your children’s future smiles be strong and beautiful.
No matter your age, we will do our very best to make your visit as comfortable and relaxing as possible with our many amenities, including heated blankets, special movie-streaming glasses, and massage chairs.
We also offer morning and evening hours to fit your busy schedule!
Get all of your family dentistry needs taken care of, benefit from professional advice, and much more by calling Tocci Dental Associates at 781-304-8172. You can also swing by our Wellesley, MA dentist office in person or use our convenient online form to ask questions or schedule.