Tocci Dental Associates in Wellesley, MA is dedicated to making sure our patients are informed about ALL their dental care options. In our last blog post, we began exploring the world of restorative dentistry and what your solutions are for different problems you might have. We talked about chipped teeth, cracked teeth, and broken teeth.
To give you the full picture of your restorative dentistry options from Dr. Tocci, read the conclusion to our restorative dentistry guide here, and then call us at 781-304-8172 if you have any questions. You can schedule an appointment to learn more about your options as well.
Additional Dental Problems and Restorative Dentistry Solutions
Restorative dentistry care from Dr. Tocci offers you an effective path from your damaged smile to a healthy smile. If you are dealing with problems not on this list, check out our earlier posting to find out what options we have available to help you.
Problem – Infected Tooth
- Infections of any kind need to be treated quickly. Tooth infections put not just your tooth at risk but your whole mouth at risk as well. If left untreated, the infection could cause damage to your dental bone and your other teeth. In more severe cases, your infection could potentially enter your bloodstream and cause other risks to your body. If you suspect you have an infected tooth (pain, swelling, pressure in the area), you need to get to Tocci Dental Associates fast.
Solutions – Root Canal, Tooth Extraction with Tooth Replacement
- If you are dealing with an infected tooth, you need to have the infected material removed to get better. There are two ways to do this, and one of them lets you keep your natural tooth. Root canal treatment at our office is a practically painless procedure that evacuates the inside of your tooth (damaged nerve and pulp) and then seals it back up so that you can get back to living a pain-free life.
- The other option is a tooth extraction, usually with dental sedation. From there, Dr. Tocci will help you choose the tooth replacement option that will work best for your smile.
Problem – Tooth Decay
- If you have tooth decay, you need to have it cleared before it destroys your tooth. The decay will only get worse the longer it is left untreated. Once you remove the tooth decay, though, you are left with a hole in your tooth that needs to be taken care.
Solutions – Tooth Fillings, Dental Crown
- Tooth fillings are the most common solution for this type of restorative issue. Our tooth-colored composite resin does a tremendous job of restoring the functionality to your tooth while also blending in with the other healthy teeth in your mouth.
- If you have suffered from severe tooth decay, you might find yourself in need of a dental crown to get your tooth back to a usable condition. Contact Dr. Tocci today to find out which option is going to give you the best results.
Problem – Missing One or More Teeth
- Missing teeth make life hard. Not only is your appearance affected, but your eating habits are turned upside down as well. You have to make sure that you chew food only in certain areas of your mouth, deal with food getting stuck in the gap, and many other irritations. Let Tocci Dental Associates help you fill those open spaces.
Solution – Dental Implants, Dentures, Dental Bridge
- Your situation will determine which tooth replacement option works best for you. Dental implants offer you a superior level of stability and reliability, but you might not have the required bone mass.
- Implant-retained dentures can give you a whole new set of teeth using only a few well-placed implants inside your mouth.
- You might also find that your needs are best served with a dental bridge. Whatever the case is, Dr. Tocci has a solution that will work for you.
Keep Your Smile Safe with Restorative Dentistry Care
Call our Wellesley, MA dentist office today at 781-304-8172 to schedule your conversation with Dr. Tocci and find the solution you need to keep your smile in perfect working order. You can use our online form to schedule a consultation with Dr. Tocci as well.