Here in Wellesley, MA, Tocci Dental Associates has been working for decades to make sure everyone who comes into our office for help gets what they need. Whether you are looking for general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, or restorative dentistry, our team can help you get a great-looking and healthy smile.
With general dentistry, our patients know they need to have their teeth cleaned and examined every six months. With cosmetic dentistry, they know that if they want their teeth brighter to ask for teeth whitening. Restorative dentistry is different. Many people only know they need help, but they don’t know all the options they have available.
Take a closer look at the different restorative problems and solutions Dr. Tocci has to offer you. If you have any questions or want to schedule your appointment, just contact our office at 781-304-8172, and we will get you on your way to an excellent smile.
Restorative Dentistry Options
Here are some common restorative dentistry issues that we see every day. While they aren’t anything out of the ordinary, you might be surprised to see the options for correcting these issues.
Problem – Chipped Teeth
- While chipped teeth are minor on the damage scale as far as teeth are concerned, they still represent damage to your tooth. This means a weakened tooth structure and therefore a higher risk of more damage in the future. Letting Dr. Tocci help you correct your problem is in your smile’s best interest.
Solutions – Dental Veneers, Tooth Bonding
- Of these two solutions (both of which are also cosmetic dentistry procedures), dental veneers are more sturdy. Dental veneers are permanently bonded to the front of your teeth and will stand up to much of the same wear and tear your natural teeth do.
- Tooth bonding is a fast and efficient way of correcting a chipped tooth, but it can chip itself if you are not careful about what you eat.
Problem – Cracked Tooth
- A crack in your tooth is dangerous because it can lead to a broken tooth. Just one slip in the hallway, an accident in the kitchen, or a sports injury, and you are on your way to an emergency dentist visit to repair a fully broken tooth. Take the action your smile needs today. Waiting could mean a more expensive repair if you’re not careful.
Solutions – Dental Veneer, Tooth Bonding, Dental Crown
- As with a chipped tooth, dental veneers and tooth bonding are options to fix cracked teeth. Tooth bonding should only be an option for mild cracks, as it offers the least amount of support to a damaged tooth.
- Dental veneers are a great option for cracks on front teeth, as they cover the entire surface of the damaged tooth and will offer a good deal of support. The veneer not only conceals the unsightly crack but will also protect against additional damage.
- For more severe cracks, a dental crown might be the way to go. By fully covering and sealing the tooth, you are protecting it against any future damage.
Problem – Broken Tooth or Teeth
- If you have a broken tooth, you should call us and make your way to our office. A broken tooth is not only very painful, but it also exposes the inside of your tooth to the bacteria (not all of which is good bacteria) inside your mouth. This could lead to other problems besides your damaged tooth, including a tooth infection.
Solutions – Dental Crown, Tooth Extraction with Tooth Replacement
- If you break one or more of your teeth but do not have a tooth infection, you have basically two options: 1. Get a dental crown, and 2. have the tooth extracted and replaced. Which option is best for you will depend on how severe the break is. Severe breaks may put the rest of your smile at risk, so the only viable solution is to remove the broken tooth. Dr. Tocci will guide you through your options, and if you need an extraction, he will help you made a decision regarding our various tooth replacement options (dental implants, dental bridges, dentures).
Know What Restorative Solutions You Need to Help Your Smile
If you have damaged teeth, call Tocci Dental Associates today at 781-304-8172 to schedule a restorative dentistry appointment and find out which of our many treatments are right for you. Our online form is another great way to set up your visit to our Wellesley, MA dentist office.
If you are wondering about problems like tooth decay and missing teeth, check back next time for the conclusion to our restorative dentistry solutions.