Your oral health and the beauty of your smile can change so gradually you may not even notice until the damage is done. If you have recently noticed that your gumline has started to pull back from your teeth, call Tocci Dental Associates at 781-304-8172 to find out if you could benefit from a gum recession treatment at our Wellesley, MA dentist office.
With the help of our highly-skilled team, Dr. Jeffrey W. Tocci has been helping patients in the Wellesley, MA area improve their oral health and attain their smile goals for over three decades! We can even go over all your concerns with you and lay out a smile makeover plan using a variety of combined cosmetic dentistry services.
So you don’t have to jump through hoops to make your dental visits fit your already busy schedule, we offer flexible hours so you can schedule appointments before or after work. Our office closes a little early on Fridays, but otherwise, we maintain the standard nine-to-five work week you’d expect in addition to:
- Opening early at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Staying late until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday
Let Us Fix Your Gumline With A Gum Recession Treatment
Gum recession occurs when oral health issues or other problems cause the gums to recede away from teeth, leaving the tooth roots exposed and resulting in a “toothy” smile. There are many potential causes of gum recession, including:
- Untreated gum disease
- Poor oral hygiene and health
- Overly forceful or aggressive brushing and flossing
- Untreated TMJ disorder or teeth grinding
While many patients come to us seeking gum recession treatment due to smile concerns, gum recession treatment has both cosmetic and restorative benefits. Like many oral health issues, gum recession can gradually lead to other afflictions that are even worse if the condition is left untreated.
Healthy gums hold your teeth in place, providing a strong foundation. Because your gums cover up your tooth roots and hold tight against them, your gumline also helps to protect your pearly whites from tooth decay.
Traditionally, gum recession has been treated using gum surgery. Not only is this method intimidating to the patient, it is also highly invasive and typically requires a lengthy recovery period.
To give our patients the very best gum recession treatment experience possible, Dr. Tocci has completed extensive training to be one of few dentists in the state of Massachusetts qualified to perform the innovative Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique. Compared to other options, this treatment offers many benefits. Here are just a few:
- In the vast majority of cases, your procedure will be completed in about an hour or two during a single appointment.
- The Chao Pinhole method does not involve any cutting or stitches.
- The healing process is quick and easy – many patients report being fully healed overnight!
So you will know what to expect during your treatment, we will explain each step of the process before we begin. Once we have carefully planned your treatment, we will:
- Numb the area so you will not experience pain
- Make a small pinhole in your gumline near the area of recession
- Use special tools and techniques to loosen your gumline
- Gently position your gumline back over your tooth roots where it should be
- Insert collagen strips to hold your gumline in place as it heals
To make your overall visit as pleasant as possible, we also offer various amenities to relax you, such as:
- iPods with a variety of music for you to choose from
- Streaming movie eyewear to keep your attention while we work
- Eye wraps
- Heated blankets
- Massage chairs
- A beverage bar stocked with refreshments
And if all that doesn’t relieve your dental anxiety, you’ll also be happy to know that we provide dental sedation as well! More commonly known as “laughing gas,” we’ll provide nitrous oxide dental sedation that you will inhale through a small mask. Within moments, you’ll experience a mild euphoria as your stress melts away. This sedation will also improve your comfort.
If there’s anything we can do to help put you at ease, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here to help you after all!
Don’t wait and let your oral health and appearance get worse. If you’d like to book a consultation for a gum recession treatment, call Tocci Dental Associates at 781-304-8172. You can also visit our conveniently located Wellesley, MA dentist office during business hours or use our handy online form to schedule or ask a team member questions.