If you have frequent headaches or migraines or involuntarily grind your teeth or have some other issue that may be related to a jaw disorder, call Tocci Dental Associates at 781-304-8172 to book a TMJ treatment with us today.
We offer a wide range of dental treatment options, including some services that you might not expect, at our Wellesley, MA dentist office.
To make scheduling your visits with us a little less of a scheduling hassle, we offer some flexible hours that many other dentists don’t. Our office opens early at 7:00 a.m. four days a week and we also stay late until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
Get A Custom TMJ Treatment Instead Of Merely Masking Pain
TMJ is short for temporomandibular joint, which is just the fancy scientific term for the very complex joint of your jaw. You may not realize just how complicated your jaw is, but if you think about the fact that your elbow only goes back and forth in two directions and compare that to how many ways your jaw can move, maybe that will help.
If we determine that you are having jaw problems, we can provide a variety of treatment options (all of which are drug-free) to suit your specific case.
For example, we offer custom oral appliances that look a lot like athletic mouthguards that will gently shift your jaw’s position when you’re sleeping to prevent you from grinding your teeth and tensing your jaw muscles.
We also offer a revolutionary system called TruDenta that we can customize in a myriad of ways to address your particular problems. If we address your case using TruDenta, we may use some combination of the following:
- Microcurrent therapy, which helps with jaw movement and reduces inflammation
- Ultrasound therapy, which improves blood flow in the muscles surrounding your TMJ and helps tissues heal
- Cold laser therapy, which also minimizes inflammation and promotes healing in your muscles and joints
- Trigger point therapy, which aids in proper jaw function
We can also:
- Help you determine if certain foods in your diet are making things worse and offer nutritional counseling
- Perform a 3-D T-Scan bite analysis to see if you have any bite imbalances
- Administer neuromuscular therapy to relax the muscles involved with your TMJ
In order to get a proper diagnosis and figure out how to fix your jaw troubles – actually fix them, instead of simply dulling your pain with pain medication – you should visit a professional for an evaluation. That said, if you are experiencing any of the following, there’s a decent chance that you are dealing with a TMJ disorder:
- Tenderness, swelling, and pain in your jaw, face, neck, and even your shoulders
- Sounds in your jaw when you chew or otherwise open and close your mouth
- A jaw that gets stuck open or closed
- Difficulty opening your mouth wide
- Headaches and/or migraines
- Involuntary teeth grinding
Because every case is unique, we offer a wide range of approaches!
Don’t put your faith in pain medication that only hides your symptoms and does nothing to solve your actual problem – get a custom TMJ treatment from Tocci Dental Associates to fix your jaw troubles. Call 781-304-8172 or use our online form to book.