Dr. Jeffrey W. Tocci and our highly-skilled team of dental professionals have improved countless smiles with dental veneers and other cosmetic dentistry options at our Wellesley, MA dentist office.
Fix A Wide Variety Of Smile Flaws With Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored material that we can place over the front surface of your teeth. One way of thinking of them that our patients have found helpful is that dental veneers are kind of like fake fingernails, but for your teeth.
While they are used as a cosmetic treatment, dental veneers do have some restorative qualities because they actually help to strengthen your teeth. Because they completely cover the part of your teeth that shows while you are smiling, dental veneers can be used to conceal an array of smile flaws, including:
- Small cracks
- Stains or discoloration
- Misshapen teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
- Surface irregularities like grooves and bulges
- Teeth that appear slightly crooked
Many of our patients choose to get dental veneers placed on all of their teeth that show while smiling (often referred to as your “social six”) for a dramatic, consistent smile improvement. Others have combined dental veneers with other cosmetic services for a comprehensive, customized smile makeover.
To help you determine if dental veneers are the right treatment option for your smile goals, we will:
- Thoroughly assess your current situation
- Answer any questions you have
- Explain the advantages and potential cons of dental veneers compared to other cosmetic options, like tooth bonding
We want to help you turn your dream smile into a reality so you can show the world a more confident you!
Know What To Expect While Getting Dental Veneers
So there won’t be any surprises during your dental veneers procedure, we will explain each step of the process before we get started. Depending on the health of your teeth and how many dental veneers you want, the entire procedure can usually be completed during just two dental visits. Here’s a general outline of what your treatment will be like:
- We’ll numb your mouth with an anesthetic to ensure you don’t feel any discomfort
- To make room for your dental veneers and prepare the surface of your teeth for a strong bond, we’ll remove a thin layer of enamel from your teeth
- During a brief healing period, we’ll have your dental veneers made using precise impressions
- At your follow-up appointment, we’ll bond your dental veneers in place and make any necessary final adjustments
Because your comfort is such a big priority for us, we will do everything we can to make your appointments as pleasant as possible. To help put you at ease, we offer an array of comfort options, such as:
- Heated blankets
- Massage chairs
- Eyewear for viewing movies
- iPods with noise-reduction headphones
- Aromatherapy neck and eye wraps
- A beverage bar
- Nitrous oxide dental sedation to relieve your dental anxiety
Once your procedure is complete, caring for your dental veneers and maintaining your newly improved smile is no more difficult than caring for your natural teeth. All you need to do is:
- Brush your teeth with a soft bristle brush at least twice a day and preferably after every meal
- Floss at least once a day
- Use a rinse or mouthwash if recommended or desired
- Visit Tocci Dental Associates every six months for a professional dental cleaning and exam
With proper oral hygiene, your dental veneers can last up to a decade or even longer!
Achieve all your smile goals in as little as two visits by calling Tocci Dental Associates at 781-304-8172 to book your dental veneers consultation. You can also use our online form to schedule or ask questions.